Click here to View Merrell's Product Range
Merrell believes in encouraging and equipping everyone to get outside.
Merrell's barefoot range strengthens, stimulates and realigns your body naturally.
Allow your feet to find their natural landing pad and come away with a more optimal and efficient stride. The shoes encourage forward momentum by allowing you to develop more of a midfoot landing running style.
Read more about the minimalist approach to running.
Excellent review of the Trail Glove.
Merrell Barefoot can help tune up your stride and turn on your adventure. Discover how to stimulate your senses and awareness, develop stronger muscles and find a more balanced posture in the shoe designed to move you.
Before you get started, here’s some top tips of things you should know:
1. Start at the beginning. Whether you’re a seasoned athlete or a weekend warrior, barefoot training should start with the fundamentals. Build on them step by step to get the most out of your barefoot experience.
2. Practice good form. Proper foot strike, and other factors can optimize barefoot performance. You can learn correct training techniques by visiting iTunes and trying the Merrell Barefoot Challenge App.
3. Build endurance gradually. Barefoot works muscles in your feet and legs that you may not be accustomed to using. If you usually wear socks, your feet may also be tender in the first days of training. Take it slow and easy for better results.
4. Pay attention to your body’s signals. With any new training regimen, some soreness is to be expected. However, if soreness persists or worsens, take a break.
5. Choose familiar terrain at first. Different types of terrain can affect your training. Steep ups and downs and areas filled with obstacles, like roots or rocks, should be avoided until you’ve built up greater endurance and strength.
6. Set achievable goals. The Barefoot Challenge App is meant as a guide. If you're struggling with soreness, blisters or other limitations, don't hesitate to shorten your training times or modify your activities.
7. Raise your game. The more you put into barefoot training, the more you can get out of it. Barefoot helps develop greater strength in your feet and legs and may increase your agility and balance—benefits you can put into play for your favorite sport or adventure.
8. Be smart. Barefoot frees your feet to develop natural strengths and a closer connection to your environment. It can be an awesome feeling. In the beginning of your training, you can avoid the temptation to push too hard, for too long by sticking to a set training regimen.
9. Find the right shoe. The Merrell Trail Glove has quickly been recognised as one of the best on the market. A low-profile design with a zero mm heel drop, flexible design and mapped cushioning making for a great ride.
10. Have fun! Develop greater strength. Get connected to the terrain. Experience new adventure. It all starts with Barefoot. Free your feet!